Havana Cultural Tour & Mindful Retreat
5 DAY / 4 NIGHT DYNAMIC EXPERIENCE OF HAVANA'S RICHLY TEXTURED CULTURE
AUGUST 16 - AUGUST 20, 2018
Our Tour / Retreat Hybrid is… An all-encompassing cultural tour of Havana including visits to an organic farm, tropical beach, Spanish architecture, art galleries, live performances, restaurants, cafes, shops, & more…
Combined with… Retreat Elements of daily yoga, fresh juices, herbal teas, wellness & culinary lessons, mind & body workshops, movement, celebration, rituals, & more…
In order to… Most deeply experience the colorful aliveness that is Havana through connecting mindfully and joyfully to one’s self and present moment, a moment in Cuba!
And that fosters… Mindful acknowledgement of our privileges, different perspectives, and presence as outsiders in a foreign country & culture; open mindedness and shedding of pre-conceptions; intention to honor & respect difference, diversity, and the solidarity of the Cuban people.
*** This tour is vegetarian, vegan, omnivore, and gluten avoidant friendly! ***
- Activate w/ Morning Yoga for all levels, ages, abilities, in a beautiful space, led by a certified Yoga Instructor.
- Drink, Cleanse & Refresh w/ Local Fresh Tropical Juices papaya, mango, guava, pineapple, coconut, soursop, banana, mamey, & more!
- Restore while Sipping Medicinal Herbal Teas, Tinctures + if you choose, ritual celebratory tastings w/ Cuba’s finest rums & cocktails & elixirs.
- Learn to Cook Cuban Dishes w/ healthful holistic twists at a cooking lesson /Chef’s Farm to Table Dinner prepared in a private home w/ local ingredients paired w/ a ritual of local herbal teas and/or fine rums
- Savor Dinner at the Best Cuban Owned Paladars while learning about ingredients, processes & history of dishes & cocktails. From authentic hole in the walls only Cubans know about to the hippest in International fine dining. Our team on the ground secures exclusive reservations.
- Visit Vedado Farmers Markets & Juice Stands to source local tropical fruits, veggies, & medicinal herbs & Field trip to a lush Organic biodiverse Urban Agroecology Farm
- Experience dynamic nightlife of Afro-Cuban music, DJs, & Performance at the city’s most famed & underground venues where some of the greatest talents in the world perform!
- Relax & Connect with local hosts at one of our hand selected boutique Villa accommodations
- Bond & Engage with new & old friends on this intimate tour/retreat of only 10 participants maximum!
- LGBTQI optional for those interested! With each visit we’re seeking to get deeper into Havana’s underground LGBTQ culture. We’re happy to share our findings if you would like to join us! The gay beach, drag shows, queer dance clubs and parties, Afro-Cuban women performing Vagina monologues, theater, ballet & more
THIS LUXURIOUS VILLA IS WHERE YOU'LL BE INDULGING, RELAXING AND UNWINDING IN YOUR EXPERIENCE
MEET YOUR TOUR/RETREAT LEADERS
Cuban American, artist, holistic wellness chef, founder/owner of Cubana Social- organic restaurant in Brooklyn NYC, & musician with a Bachelors from Berklee College of Music. Chris in her mid 30s, is a queer intersectional bruja feminist, passionate about nature, intentional living, social justice, agro-ecology, & radical sovereignty. As a holistic chef, her culinary influences include: plant based, macrobiotic, Ayurveda, auto-immune, Afro-Caribbean, & farm to table. Chris seeks to feed people well & celebrate music & dance as present embodied playfulness to activate connections back to our ancestors & mother earth. She believes that food & music traditions surviving over generations, lead us toward joy, wellness, & gratitude based reciprocity. More info: www.sangwitch.com/about
Cuban American, healer, certified yoga instructor RYT 500, founder of Shadow & Light Yoga, jewelry maker, & musician with a Masters degree from New School University of NY. Alex in her early 30s, is passionate about connection, nurturance, building community, social justice, & her morning cafecito. As a healer, she employs modalities of yoga, meditation, ritual, malas, essential oils, & stones towards bringing the chakras & mind/body/spirit into balance. With both individuals & groups, Alex seeks to facilitate transformation, growth, self love, & embrace of ones own shadow & light. More info: www.shadowandlightyoga.com
Chris & Alex are both bilingual, LGBTQ, & based in South Florida.
(( If some of the words or ideas in Chris & Alex’s bio are unfamiliar to you, that’s okay! Feel free to contact us and ask any question. We love talking about it all – bruja, feminism, queer identity, radical sovereignty, chakras, ritual, reciprocity, etc. Can’t wait to share & connect with you! ))